TAMPA (WFLA) — Target has elected to close 175 stores after many nationwide protests have led to looting and setting fire to stores.
“Our focus will remain on our team members’ safety and helping our community heal,” the retailer released in a statement Saturday night.
The store said that employees impacted by store closures will be paid for up to 14 days of scheduled hours during the closures.
Target doesn’t plan on closing any Florida stores at this time.
Find the full list of closures here.
- Gay Culverhouse, former Bucs president who helped injured players dies at 73
- Hillsborough County absentee ballots on their way to mailboxes
- Sarasota County beaches to remain open for July 4th holiday
- Where to see 4th of July fireworks in Tampa Bay
- Redskins to have ‘thorough review’ of name amid race debate