COLUMBIA, SC (WBTW) – A South Carolina senator says beach accesses will be reopened next week as the country continues to deal with the COVID-19 pandemic.
Senator Stephen Goldfinch (R – District 34) told WBTW News13 beach access restrictions will ease some time next week.
He said the same thing Saturday afternoon on his Facebook page.
Governor McMaster issued an executive order March 30 that ordered the closure of public access points to the state’s beaches.
It also ordered the closure of all public boat ramps, landings and other access points on the state’s lakes, rivers and waterways.
Public boat landings were reopened Friday.
News13 has reached out to the governor’s office for additional information.
- Meadows, Arozarena homer, AL champ Rays beat Yankees 4-0
- From gift cards to cash: these fitness apps pay you to get in shape
- Charles: Royal family ‘deeply grateful’ for world’s support
- What a car’s ‘black box’ records and how to check if your vehicle has one
- Storm damage leaves 1 injured in Manatee County, officials say