TAMPA, Fla. (CNN) – Costs of living increases will be passed on to Social Security recipients next year.
According to the Social Security Administration, nearly 69 million Americans will get an extra 1.6 percent in their monthly benefits. That’s about half of the increase given in 2019.
The raise is given to help offset inflation, which makes food, goods and services cost more.
- USDA recalls Taco Bell’s Seasoned Beef over possible metal shavings contamination
- Olympic gold medalist from Clearwater hoping to qualify for 2020 Olympic Games
- Search underway for ‘armed and dangerous’ man in Polk County double homicide
- Pedophile who abused up to 200 children found dead in prison
- Lay’s introduces grilled cheese and tomato soup flavored chips