TAMPA, Fla. (CNN) – Costs of living increases will be passed on to Social Security recipients next year.
According to the Social Security Administration, nearly 69 million Americans will get an extra 1.6 percent in their monthly benefits. That’s about half of the increase given in 2019.
The raise is given to help offset inflation, which makes food, goods and services cost more.
- 32-year-old man released from hospital after 93 days battling COVID-19
- Louisiana store clerk accused of shooting at customer who refused to wear mask
- House, Senate Democrats file bills that would halt deportations during pandemic
- Recovery effort underway for ‘Glee’ star Naya Rivera, presumed dead following boat trip
- Nation’s top military leaders put on hot seat about their role in Trump’s church photo op