MONROE COUNTRY, Ala. (WKRG) — The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office says Tamika Stallworth opened fire into a car, hitting a baby in the face on Christmas Eve.
According to authorities, 10-month-old Jamaya Austin passed away at University Hospital.
Austin’s great, great uncle, Charlie Stallworth is also the uncle of Tamika Stallworth.
He tells News 5, “I’ve never known Tamika to have a single violent bone in her body. She is always kind and compassionate, which makes the ordeal hard to grasp…I stand with my family… [We are] trying to keep everyone in prayer during this tragic and unfortunate time.”
The sheriff says this happened on County Road 42 just northeast of Monroeville, Alabama. Stallworth was taken into custody the day the shooting happened.
She was charged with murder on Thursday and is being held on a $750,000 bond.
- Congresswoman Greene files articles of impeachment against President Biden
- Police: Man dead after shooting at Tampa apartment complex, investigation underway
- Florida stops releasing number of people overdue for second dose of COVID vaccine
- Flu rate drops dramatically due to COVID-19 precautions
- Amazon is offering to help Biden get 100 million COVID-19 vaccinations to Americans in 100 days