MONROE COUNTRY, Ala. (WKRG) — The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office says Tamika Stallworth opened fire into a car, hitting a baby in the face on Christmas Eve.
According to authorities, 10-month-old Jamaya Austin passed away at University Hospital.
Austin’s great, great uncle, Charlie Stallworth is also the uncle of Tamika Stallworth.
He tells News 5, “I’ve never known Tamika to have a single violent bone in her body. She is always kind and compassionate, which makes the ordeal hard to grasp…I stand with my family… [We are] trying to keep everyone in prayer during this tragic and unfortunate time.”
The sheriff says this happened on County Road 42 just northeast of Monroeville, Alabama. Stallworth was taken into custody the day the shooting happened.
She was charged with murder on Thursday and is being held on a $750,000 bond.
- Gasparilla pirates invade local hospitals
- 4-year-old boy shot while wrestling with his father dies
- Trump impeachment trial: President’s legal team begins presenting defense case
- ARGH! Plank-walking good phrases to help you talk like a pirate
- Tarpon Springs PD concerned for well-being of woman ‘punched and kicked’ at Walmart