MONROE COUNTRY, Ala. (WKRG) — The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office says Tamika Stallworth opened fire into a car, hitting a baby in the face on Christmas Eve.
According to authorities, 10-month-old Jamaya Austin passed away at University Hospital.
Austin’s great, great uncle, Charlie Stallworth is also the uncle of Tamika Stallworth.
He tells News 5, “I’ve never known Tamika to have a single violent bone in her body. She is always kind and compassionate, which makes the ordeal hard to grasp…I stand with my family… [We are] trying to keep everyone in prayer during this tragic and unfortunate time.”
The sheriff says this happened on County Road 42 just northeast of Monroeville, Alabama. Stallworth was taken into custody the day the shooting happened.
She was charged with murder on Thursday and is being held on a $750,000 bond.
- Jon Bon Jovi to accompany Joe and Jill Biden in Pennsylvania today
- Obama to campaign for Joe Biden in Florida today
- 115-year-old Confederate monument removed from Alabama courthouse
- Confederate statue outside Alabama courthouse removed overnight
- Trump to cast his presidential vote in Florida today