MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WIAT) — A proposed bill in the Alabama Legislature would require all men in the state to get a vasectomy within one month of their 50th birthday or the birth of their third biological child, whichever comes first.
HB-238 was proposed by Rep. Rolanda Hollis Thursday. The proposal also states the procedure will be done at the man’s own expense.
The bill simply states that “under existing law, there are no restrictions on the reproductive rights of men.”
The bill is currently in committee at this time. If it is passed, the bill would go into effect the third month since its approval.
READ THE FULL BILL HERE:
- 5 tons of cocaine seized in largest Costa Rica drug bust ever
- Denver mayor to veto legislation lifting the pit bull ban
- U.S. couple stuck on cruise ship after wife tests positive for coronavirus
- Citrus County couple back in U.S. after coronavirus outbreak on cruise ship
- Landslide destroys 2 homes in western Tennessee; no one hurt