LONDON (AP) – Britain’s Kensington Palace has released two official photos of Prince Harry and his fiancee, Meghan Markle, to mark the couple’s engagement.
One of the photos is an intimate black-and-white portrait of the couple embracing, while the other is a more formal picture of the two sitting together holding hands. Both show off Markle’s engagement ring.
The photographs were taken by fashion and celebrity photographer Alexi Lubomirski earlier this week on the grounds of Frogmore House, a royal-owned country house in Windsor.
Lubomirski said in a statement: “I cannot help but smile when I look at the photos that we took of them, such was their happiness together.”
The couple, who announced their engagement last month, will be married May 19 at Windsor Castle’s St. George’s Chapel.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- Florida man gets 3 life sentences plus 495 years for toddler rape
- Homeless man freezes to death after being turned away from housing center
- Tax Bill: What it means for you
- Model faces second leg amputation due to toxic shock syndrome
- Tampa attorney busted with pants down during sex act with Pinellas inmate, sheriff says
- Woman, 26, gives birth to baby who spent 24 years as frozen embryo