(NEXSTAR) – In celebration of the Fourth of July, the Smithsonian Magazine just released a new project that reimagines historical figures through the eyes of their living descendants.
As the sixth great-grandson of President Thomas Jefferson and his slave Sally Hemings, Nexstar (CW39) news anchor, Shannon LaNier, decided to participate and give you a behind the scenes sneak peek.
To view the entire Smithsonian Mag. “Descendants Project,” visit www.SmithsonianMag.com/Descendants
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Ren, Stimpy to make TV comeback in new Comedy Central show
- Georgia school shifting online after infections reported
- Dollar Tree, Family Dollar to require masks
- Reuniting families: Daughter eager to visit elderly mom, concerned about plan to reopen ALFs
- NY governor calls Trump benefits executive order ‘laughable’