(NBC) – The driver of a Porsche lost control of the vehicle in New Jersey early Sunday, causing it to launch into the second story of a building, killing two people, according to officials.
Toms River police said they received a call at about 6:30 a.m. that a car had crashed into a building, which houses several businesses, including a real estate company and a counseling service, officials said.
The Porsche was traveling northbound at a high rate of speed when the driver lost control and hit a median, causing the car to go airborne, police spokeswoman Jillian Messina said in an email to NBC News.
- What is a COVID-19 vaccine passport, and will I need one?
- Charity Festival of the Arts to benefit Gulfside Hospice patients who cannot afford care
- Men sought after Christmas Eve shooting that killed great-grandmother, wounded 3 others in Lakeland
- Fatal pedestrian crash affecting traffic on Gandy Boulevard
- House panel votes to advance bill on slavery reparations