CAMDEN, N.Y. (AP) — State police say an upstate New York police deputy’s gun accidentally discharged in a restaurant and injured two people.
The incident occurred Saturday evening at a restaurant in Camden, about 20 miles northeast of Syracuse.
State police say an off-duty Otsego County deputy’s handgun discharged while he was seated at a table. The bullet went through the bottom of his pants, ricocheted off the floor and struck a 38-year-old woman and a 10-year-old girl.
The woman suffered a minor injury to her right foot, and the girl was treated for a laceration to her right thigh and elbow.
State police are investigating.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Minneapolis to name stretch of street for George Floyd
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 3,573 new cases
- Nigerian state says rapists will face surgical castration
- Lightning host drive-thru pep rally to get fans ready for Stanley Cup Finals
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s dying wish was to not have a replacement chosen by Trump