LOS ANGELES (AP) — An autopsy on the pilot in the Kobe Bryant helicopter crash shows he did not have drugs or alcohol in his system.
Bryant and all eight others aboard died in the Jan. 26 crash just outside Los Angeles.
Autopsy reports were released Friday by the Los Angeles County coroner’s office. The causes of death for Bryant, his 13-year-old daughter Gianna, pilot Ara Zobayan and the others have been ruled blunt trauma.
Zobayan was flying in fog and climbed to get out of the clouds, then plunged into a hillside.
Federal authorities are still investigating the accident.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Florida Senate passes no-fault auto insurance repeal bill
- Olympus Pools customers say dream backyards turned into expensive nightmares
- Piney Point owner calls DEP insinuations about breach ‘preposterous’
- Florida Senate passes ‘anti-riot’ bill, moves to Gov. DeSantis’ desk
- CDC: Just 5,800 people have gotten COVID after being vaccinated