(NEXSTAR/AP) – “Jeopardy!” host Alex Trebek has died after battling pancreatic cancer for nearly two years. “Jeopardy!” studio Sony says Trebek died at home early Sunday with family and friends surrounding him. He was 80.
Trebek presided over the beloved quiz show for more than 30 years. He was a master of the format, engaging in friendly banter with contestants and appearing genuinely pleased when they answered correctly. He was also able to move the game along in a brisk no-nonsense fashion whenever people struggled for answers.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- SWAT team responds to man barricaded in room at Pinellas Park hotel
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Gorgeous spring day across Tampa Bay
- ‘We’re coming for your job’: Tampa Bay BLM threatens Gov. DeSantis while protesting anti-riot law
- Pasco deputies searching for missing woman
- Florida couple attempts to hold wedding at mansion they did not own