WILKES BARRE, Pa. (WFLA/CNN) — It was a sweet 106th birthday for a Pennsylvania woman Sunday.
Ruth Heiser’s family and friends celebrated with food and cake at Royal House Buffet near Wilkes-Barre.
Aside from the birth of Ruth, some other landmark things happened in the United States 106 years ago:
New York City’s Grand Central Terminal reopened as the world’s largest train station.
The 16th amendment was added to the US Constitution and Woodrow Wilson became president.
- Englewood man held on $1.4 million bond for molestation, child pornography charges
- LIVE NOW: Thousands expected to honor Ginsburg at Supreme Court
- Suspect at large after Walmart manager shot during attempted robbery in Bradenton
- No more Uncle Ben’s: Rice brand gets new name
- Bear caught on camera peering in window of Florida home