THOMASVILLE, N.C. (WGHP) — One North Carolina parent had a terrifyingly close call during a crash Friday morning.
Thomasville police shared photos of the car crash near Winston Street before 9 a.m.
“No injuries but extremely lucky!” police said in the Twitter post.
The parent driving had just dropped off their child at school when they crashed into a utility pole and the pole ended up smashing through one of the backseat windows.
Police closed Salem Street from Winston Street to Lodge Drive.
According to Duke Energy, 241 people are without power in the area.
- Former Armwood, UCF, NFL player finds his peace & place as an artist
- Florida homeowner fatally shot man who smashed through door
- Launch forecast: 50/50 chance weather will cooperate for historic crewed SpaceX launch
- WATCH: Angry masked shoppers shout unmasked people out of grocery store
- 100-year-old Florida woman appears in ‘Born in Quarantine’ Facebook ad for new moms