NEW YORK (AP) — Chuck E Cheese, the restaurant chain that became a Mecca for children and a crucible for many of their parents, is filing for bankruptcy protection.
Parent company CEC Entertainment has reopened 266 of its 612 company-operated Chuck E Cheese and Peter Piper Pizza restaurants.
It did not elaborate on how willing parents are to again host birthday parties and other gatherings with so many cities still under tight restrictions on crowds.
CEO David McKillips said Thursday that it has been “the most challenging event in our company’s history.”
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- New book by Miami Herald investigative team goes behind the scenes at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago
- Cirelli scores in OT, Lighting beat Isles to reach Cup Final
- Manatee County deputies searching for missing woman who may be in Pinellas County
- Hillsborough County to close three COVID-19 testing sites due to lack of demand
- Native American ancestral remains, artifacts returned to U.S. soil