NEW YORK (AP) — Chuck E Cheese, the restaurant chain that became a Mecca for children and a crucible for many of their parents, is filing for bankruptcy protection.
Parent company CEC Entertainment has reopened 266 of its 612 company-operated Chuck E Cheese and Peter Piper Pizza restaurants.
It did not elaborate on how willing parents are to again host birthday parties and other gatherings with so many cities still under tight restrictions on crowds.
CEO David McKillips said Thursday that it has been “the most challenging event in our company’s history.”
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- 4 Tampa bars and clubs have liquor licenses suspended after violating mask order
- Sarasota K-9 laid to rest after 9-year battle with Leishmaniasis
- CDC: Fully-vaccinated people can gather together without masks or social distancing
- Stimulus check calculator: Do you qualify for $1,400?
- CVS opens additional COVID-19 vaccine locations around Tampa Bay