WILSON, N.C. (AP) — More than $700,000 has been raised for the funeral service of a slain 5-year-old boy in North Carolina whose death has captured national attention.
The donations poured into a GoFundMe page organized by Gwen Hinnant, who identifies herself on the website as Cannon Hinnant’s grandmother.
Cannon’s funeral was held Thursday, days after the boy was fatally shot in the family’s driveway as he rode his bike.
A neighbor has been charged with first-degree murder in his death.
Some have taken to social media to claim that race was a factor in Cannon’s death.
Police warned Friday about false information circulating on social media about the case.
- Florida landlord used hidden cameras to spy on 12-year-old girl, deputies say
- VIDEO: Officer fired for shooting at 2 teens in McDonald’s parking lot
- Dwayne Johnson says White House bid ‘off the table’
- ‘Super Mario Bros.’ trailer released; some fans disapprove of Chris Pratt’s voice
- Daytime Buzz: The Dahmer series controversy, incriminating rap lyrics and living with grandma