CHARLOTTE, N.C. (FOX 46 CHARLOTTE) – Happy 116th birthday to Miss Hester Ford!
FOX 46 Charlotte captured the moment Hester turned 115 last year when she had a party at Beatties Ford Road Library with her family.
Hester was born in Lancaster County, South Carolina, and went on to have 12 children with her husband, and has more than 50 grand-kids and 120 great-grand-kids!
Ms. Ford credits her incredible longevity to family and a strong faith in God. And yes, she is the oldest living person in the United States.
MORE TOP STORIES
- California to let Major League Baseball, Disneyland reopen
- Florida unemployment recipients say state failed to provide crucial 1099-G tax form
- Royal Caribbean considering price hike ahead of return to sailing
- Sarasota deputies brace for Spring Break crowds at Siesta Key
- Hillsborough County forced to turn away hundreds of residents who want vaccine but aren’t yet eligible