HOT SPRINGS, Ark. (AP) — Authorities say a police officer in Arkansas has died following a shooting during a traffic stop that also left a suspect wounded.
The Hot Springs Police Department says Officer Brent Scrimshire conducted the traffic stop about 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in Hot Springs and Scrimshire and the suspect were shot.
The department says Scrimshire was taken to a hospital, where he died. The name and condition of the suspect weren’t immediately released.
The investigation has been turned over to Arkansas State Police.
- Protesters gather outside Mitch McConnell’s home
- Tropical Storm Beta meandering toward Texas, Louisiana
- Thai protesters reinstall plaque symbolizing democracy
- Trump promises to replace Ginsburg with a woman – and soon
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Breezy with passing clouds and a few showers Sunday before drier, less humid air arrives this week