BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — National Taco Day is Sunday, Oct. 4 and restaurants across the nation are celebrating with free and discounted offers on the popular Mexican food item.
According to the food holiday’s website, NationalTacoDay.com, Americans ate more than 4.5 billion tacos last year, which the site estimates is 490,000 miles of tacos (which is about the distance from the earth to the moon and back).
Moe’s Southwest Grill: In honor of National Taco Day, Moe Rewards members will receive $5 off the Taco Kit (originally starting at $29.99). And if you’re not a member, it’s not too late! In the spirit of celebration, all Moe’s customers who sign up before 8 a.m. EST on Sunday, Oct. 4, will be able to redeem the offer.
Taco Bell: Taco Bell is kicking off National Taco Day with the launch of a gifting platform and the fast-food chain is giving a free taco to gift for the first 10,000 people who use Taco Gifter. Taco Bell’s Twitter account will announce when the free tacos will be available Sunday.
Taco Gifter is a service that does exactly what the name implies, gifts a taco to someone else. Outside of National Taco Day, the Taco Gifter translates to a $2 eGift Card that can be redeemed at Taco Bell through a website or app order with in-store/drive-thru pickup. There’ll be a $0.35 transaction fee.
For more information, click HERE.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Michael Jordan donates $2M from ‘The Last Dance’ proceeds to Feeding America
- CDC estimates only 1/8th of infections caught
- New emergency order from DOE not coming before Thanksgiving
- 40-foot tall leg lamp from ‘A Christmas Story’ stands in Oklahoma in ‘indescribably beautiful’ glory
- Doctor shares video showing what COVID patients see in final moments