CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Police in North Carolina have filed a misdemeanor child abuse charge against a woman whose 3-year-old son fell from an airport escalator.
News sources report Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police have issued warrants charging Jiterria Lightner in the death of 3-year-old Jaiden Cowart on Sept. 25 at Charlotte Douglas International Airport. The child was taken to a local hospital with life-threatening injuries after the fall and died five days later.
WBTV reports Michael Greene, an attorney for Lightner, said his client and her three young children were waiting to be picked up at the airport when the accident occurred.
- Tyson Foods to give $60 million in bonuses for frontline workers
- Drive-through testing site reopens at Raymond James Stadium
- Costco, Home Depot now limiting number of customers permitted in stores
- Grammy-winner Lizzo buys lunch for hospital workers
- US warship captain seeks crew isolation as virus spreads