(WFLA/CNN Newsource) – Mississippi alligator hunters recently hooked one massive gator.
John Ladner and his buddy Derek Stiglet were in a marsh when they thought they spotted a log.
Turns out, it was a 1-eyed, 12-foot-long, 477 pound alligator!
Their boat was too small for the animal, so a friend came to help with a larger one.
It took 3 hours to get the gator into the boat.
When the friends got the gator to shore, they had to use a tractor to get it out.
Ladner said the gator gave them over 100 pounds of meat.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Pasco County Sheriff’s Office searching for murder suspect
- Mother of Pinellas Co. hit-and-run victim can’t understand why driver didn’t stop
- Selmon Expressway Extension opening on Monday, getting mixed reaction from drivers
- Investigation underway after house fire kills 3 in Inverness
- The names of the 8 victims murdered in the Indianapolis FedEx mass shooting