REDWOOD FALLS, Minn. (AP) — Authorities say a man has been rescued after he was pinned under a tree for more than four days while working on his land in southern Minnesota.
The Redwood County Sheriff’s Office says 59-year-old Jonathan Ceplecha was cutting down oak trees Aug. 27 near Redwood Falls when one of them fell and landed on his legs.
Deputies responding to a call Monday afternoon for a welfare check after he didn’t show up for work found Ceplecha in a ravine with his legs pinned.
His son, Miles Ceplecha says his father survived the ordeal by not panicking and trying to keep his mind distracted.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Democrats to unveil bill to expand US Supreme Court by four justices
- Bi-partisan police reform bill limits chokehold use in Florida, sets use of force investigation standards
- Pelosi says Capitol mob would ‘have had a battle on their hands’ had the mob ran into her
- Local veterans react to Pres. Biden’s decision to withdraw troops from Afghanistan
- Mother of 11-year old FL Amber Alert victim: I blame myself