(CNN) – It’s lights out for vaping in Michigan, at least temporarily.
The state is now the first in the country to ban flavored e-cigs.
The ban, which affects online and retail sales, starts Wednesday, Sept. 4 and lasts for six months.
After that, it can be renewed for an additional six months.
Gov. Gretchen Whitmer said it’s a necessary step to prevent the younger population from taking up the habit.
During this temporary ban, state officials will work on permanent regulations that target vaping and e-cigarettes.
- Trump impeachment trial: President’s legal team begins presenting defense case
- ARGH! Plank-walking good phrases to help you talk like a pirate
- Tarpon Springs PD concerned for well-being of woman ‘punched and kicked’ at Walmart
- 16 new fair foods to look forward to at the 2020 Florida State Fair
- Pirate ship-themed cruise set to make maiden voyage during Gasparilla