WASHINGTON (WFLA) — For the second year in a row, the Gallup poll found Michelle Obama to be the “most admirable woman” in America.
Gallup conducts a survey each year asking the open-ended questions: “What woman that you have heard or read about, living today in any part of the world, do you admire most? And who is your second choice?”
Michelle Obama was the only woman in double digits this year, polling at 10%, five percent less than in 2018. Current First Lady Melania Trump finished second this year, mentioned by 5% of polled individuals.
President Donald Trump and former President Barack Obama tied for 2019’s most admired man, mentioned by 18% of U.S. adults.
- LIVE NOW: DeSantis to hold press conference amid surging coronavirus cases
- EPA approves first disinfectant that kills COVID-19
- Brazil’s President Bolsonaro tests positive for COVID-19
- Opioid deaths surge in Sarasota and Manatee counties
- Husband admits shooting man found in bedroom with wife hours after they separated