(CNN) – A man won a $200,000 North Carolina Lottery prize on the way to his final chemotherapy treatment.
Ronnie Foster said he bought a $1 ticket, won $5, then traded the $5 for two more tickets and the second ticket was a big winner.
Foster, a retired Department of Transportation worker, is battling colon cancer.
He said he was already happy because it was his last round of chemo, but winning the lottery prize made it his lucky day.
Foster claimed his prize Friday and after taxes, took home over $141,000.
He said part of the money will go toward paying off some of the treatment costs not covered by his health insurance. The rest will be saved “for the future.”
- Kershaw, Dodgers take Game 1 over Rays
- Police investigating after 3 people shot in Tampa, 1 dead
- Tempers flare over mask mandate, parents say they don’t want kids ‘forced’ to cover-up in class
- Florida considers not releasing daily COVID-19 case numbers to the public
- All Americans get a free taco after stolen base in Game 1 of World Series