Police are searching for a man who reportedly slashed a woman’s face during a robbery attack.
According to the New York Police Department, 31-year-old Dana Sagona was approached by an unknown man in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, just before 8 a.m. Sunday.
The suspect reportedly said to Sagona, “You pretty. Are you scared?” When she replied she wasn’t, that’s when the suspect started grabbing her.
“I thought it was going to be a rape because he didn’t ask me for anything by that point, he was just grabbing me,” Sagona told the New York Post.
Sagona said the man threatened to kill her as they struggled over her purse.
The man then reportedly punched her and slashed her face with a razor blade before running away with her purse and cell phone.
The laceration reportedly needed 44 stitches to close.
The slashing suspect is described as a Hispanic man in his 40s.
- FALLING CONCRETE SHUTS DOWN RICHMOND-SAN RAFAEL BRIDGE
- GAS LINE EXPLOSION SPARKS MASSIVE FIRE IN SAN FRANCISCO
- FDA: DEADLY CANCEL LINKED TO BREAST IMPLANTS
- VIDEO: MAN STOPS ON BUSY HWY, SHOOTS SCHOOL BUS DRIVER IN HEAD
- MAN THREW METH-FUELED ‘DEATH PARTY’ FOR HIS WIFE BEFORE SHE DIED