(WFLA) – A man in New York reportedly jumped in front of an oncoming subway train while holding his child.
The man died, but the child survived, PIX 11 reported.
The incident occurred Monday morning in the Bronx at the Kingsbridge Road station.
Police said the man jumped in front of an oncoming Manhattan-bound No. 4 train as he was holding the 5-year-old girl.
The train struck and killed the man.
PIX 11 reports the girl was in the care of FDNY officials and was alert and crying.
Further information was not immediately available.
- Miami to South Texas: Sailors hope to train future Mars astronauts, dock near SpaceX
- Out of sight but center stage, jurors weigh Derek Chauvin’s fate in George Floyd death
- Truck driver arrested in Rhode Island after police find missing teen girl in sleeping compartment
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Stalled front keeps rain chances high
- Shooting investigation underway in Tampa