HARRIS COUNTY, TX (WCMH) – An investigation is underway after a man died when he fell into a tire shredder while on the job.
Byron Jones, 26, was killed at a tire recycling plant in Texas, Friday.
A source told KTRK that Jones couldn’t get free from a tire shredder after being caught in the machine and the company didn’t realize what happened until co-workers reported Jones missing.
Officials with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration are investigating, along with the Harris County Sheriff’s Office.
The family told KTRK Jones was the father of a 3-year-old girl, and they are all distraught over his death.STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Rape suspect’s mother speaks out after 4 Manatee County students arrested
- Para flu virus making rounds across Tampa Bay area, affects children quickly
- 8-foot-long great white shark, Savannah, caught swimming near Tampa
- Family wants apology after baby’s head gouged during birth
- Want to live in Italy? Homes selling for $1 in Mediterranean island village