RIDGECREST, Calif. (AP) — An earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 5.8 struck Wednesday in a remote area of central Caliifornia.
The U.S. Geological Survey said the quake struck at 10:40 a.m. and was centered 60 miles (96.5 kilometers) northwest of Ridgecrest in the Owens Valley region below the eastern flank of the Sierra Nevada.
- Republicans say Democrats planning to pack the Supreme Court
- SBA chief says government is working to recover fraudulent loans
- Florida senator leading effort to limit SCOTUS justices while Democrat says court packing won’t happen
- Mitt Romney says he did not vote for Trump in the 2020 election
- Projections show Florida beginning another surge of daily coronavirus deaths