RIDGECREST, Calif. (AP) — An earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 5.8 struck Wednesday in a remote area of central Caliifornia.
The U.S. Geological Survey said the quake struck at 10:40 a.m. and was centered 60 miles (96.5 kilometers) northwest of Ridgecrest in the Owens Valley region below the eastern flank of the Sierra Nevada.
- Leigh’s runcast: High heat and low rain chances make workouts tougher
- STORM TEAM 8 FORECAST: Not much rain; lots of heat and humidity
- Gas prices rise as states reopen
- Hallmark Channel releases Christmas-themed wines
- Alaska protesters interrupt campaign event with animal heart