WEST MONROE, La. (KTVE) — A 39-year-old Louisana man is starting the new year behind bars. Deputies say it’s because he held a gun to the head of a child for taking his last Dr. Pepper.
On Jan.1, deputies with the Ouachita Parish Sheriff’s Office say they were called to a home off for a domestic aggravated battery complaint.
When they arrived, deputies say they talked to a 9-year-old boy, who said his father, Chad Kinnaird, became angry with him for drinking the last Dr. Pepper back on Dec.28.
Deputies say Kinnaird had held a loaded .32 caliber handgun against the boy’s head. Kinnaird was Mirandized by deputies, and he denied the allegations.
Kinnaird is charged with violation of a protective order and domestic abuse battery/child endangerment.
- Corona beer producer stops brewing due to virus
- Coronavirus stories: Florida couple keeps business alive with FaceTime photoshoots
- Coronavirus: Boaters get stern warning from Pinellas officials for not following orders
- Tampa YMCA keeps Veggie Van rolling during pandemic
- Disney suspends annual passholder payments during coronavirus closure