WEST MONROE, La. (KTVE) — A 39-year-old Louisana man is starting the new year behind bars. Deputies say it’s because he held a gun to the head of a child for taking his last Dr. Pepper.
On Jan.1, deputies with the Ouachita Parish Sheriff’s Office say they were called to a home off for a domestic aggravated battery complaint.
When they arrived, deputies say they talked to a 9-year-old boy, who said his father, Chad Kinnaird, became angry with him for drinking the last Dr. Pepper back on Dec.28.
Deputies say Kinnaird had held a loaded .32 caliber handgun against the boy’s head. Kinnaird was Mirandized by deputies, and he denied the allegations.
Kinnaird is charged with violation of a protective order and domestic abuse battery/child endangerment.
- Chinese city reports coronavirus found on ice cream
- Pasco County adds 4 vaccination clinics for residents 65+; registration opens at 2 p.m. Sunday
- Harris to be sworn in by Justice Sotomayor at inauguration
- Coast Guard helps rescue woman, 2 dogs from boat taking on water near Shell Key
- Dr. Dre back home after reported brain aneurysm treatment