(CNN) – Los Angeles police will not be paid for working overtime during the George Floyd and California stay-at-home protests.
The city says it simply does not have the money to pay the LAPD for the whopping $40 million in overtime expenses, according to an internal memo from the agency.
The officers will reportedly be compensated with time off instead.
The LAPD has now instructed commanding officers and supervisors to ensure overtime hours are minimized.
- Protesters gather outside Mitch McConnell’s home
- Tropical Storm Beta meandering toward Texas, Louisiana
- Trump promises to replace Ginsburg with a woman – and soon
- Idaho pastor hospitalized after defying mask mandate
- Cash App scheme could wipe out your bank account