BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — Rapper Kanye West has filed paperwork just ahead of the deadline to appear on the presidential ballot in Louisiana in November.
The Advocate reports that West’s filing Friday lists himself as a candidate for “The Birthday Party” along with his running mate Michelle Tidball. Including West, at least 11 third-party or independent presidential candidates filed to appear on the Louisiana ballot by Friday’s deadline.
West’s campaign has struggled to meet deadlines to make it onto the ballot in several other states, including Wisconsin.
Critics contend West’s last-minute run and the apparent GOP support it’s received is a ploy to swipe votes from Democrat Joe Biden.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Pinellas County leaders enhance safety protocols for large community events amid pandemic
- Now you can put Bernie Sanders anywhere, thanks to NYU student’s website
- Japan PM determined to hold Olympics, will cooperate with Tokyo and IOC
- Dr. Fauci resumes coronavirus briefings at White House under Biden administration
- California researchers developing wearable COVID-19 test strip