JUNCTION CITY, Kan. (KSNT) – A Kansas police officer resigned Monday after fabricating a story that employees at a local McDonald’s wrote the words “F—ing Pig” on his coffee cup.
In a joint press conference with McDonald’s Monday night, the Herington Police Chief said the coffee cup incident was a hoax.
Chief Brian Hornaday said McDonald’s didn’t have anything to do with writing obscenities on an officer’s coffee, and that it was “fabricated by a police officer no longer employed with the agency.”
“Now, this is absolutely a black eye on law enforcement,” Hornaday said.
The officer, who won’t be identified since it is a “personnel matter,” told the chief it was meant to be a joke. Hornaday said the officer was with the department for two months.
- Man cited for using fake skeleton to drive in HOV lane
- Florida man fined $2000 for killing endangered smalltooth sawfish
- Arizona bill would ban transgender girls, women from teams
- Police: Security camera catches Largo man sexually batter woman behind laundromat
- Scientists use telescope in Antarctica to understand earliest history of our universe