JUNCTION CITY, Kan. (KSNT) – A Kansas police officer resigned Monday after fabricating a story that employees at a local McDonald’s wrote the words “F—ing Pig” on his coffee cup.
In a joint press conference with McDonald’s Monday night, the Herington Police Chief said the coffee cup incident was a hoax.
Chief Brian Hornaday said McDonald’s didn’t have anything to do with writing obscenities on an officer’s coffee, and that it was “fabricated by a police officer no longer employed with the agency.”
“Now, this is absolutely a black eye on law enforcement,” Hornaday said.
The officer, who won’t be identified since it is a “personnel matter,” told the chief it was meant to be a joke. Hornaday said the officer was with the department for two months.
- 55-year-old man finishes 1st in Florida Keys stone crab claw eating contest for 3rd time
- Trucks blow over on California bridge amid strong storm
- 3 teens arrested for murder of Florida high school student
- ‘Friends’ actor James Michael Tyler dies after battle with cancer, reports say
- Crew member who gave Baldwin gun subject of prior complaint