(CNN) – JCPenny says it’s reopening 150 stores just two weeks after declaring bankruptcy.
The clothing retailer shut down brick-and-mortar locations due to COVID-19. But, it’s starting to reopen them in stages.
JCPenny says it plans to have about 500 stores open again by Wednesday.
While it’s reopening some locations based on public health, it’s moving to permanently close others based on finances.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Agencies say Super Bowl security is constantly evolving, improving to make event safer
- Trump extends Secret Service protection to 14 family members, reports say
- Democrats gain Senate control as VP Harris swears in new members
- Emotions ran high as Polk State College students soaked in President Biden’s inauguration
- Joe Biden, Al Roker meet along inaugural parade route for second time