JC Penney is cutting about 1,000 jobs.
The retailer said Wednesday that the jobs to be eliminated will include corporate, field management and international positions.
Penney filed for bankruptcy protection in May.
As part of its bankruptcy reorganization, Penney has said it plans to permanently close nearly a third of its 846 stores in the next two years. That would leave it with just over 600 locations.
- Super Bowl Experience construction ramps up along Tampa Riverwalk
- Look Younger with Visibly Whiter Teeth in Minutes
- Florida Capitol to light up in memory of COVID-19 deaths, unity with Biden-Harris inauguration
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 8,002 new cases, 137 new resident deaths
- Financial health for 2021