MILAN, Mo. (KTVO-TV) — A woman who gave birth in the bathroom of a Missouri meatpacking plant has been charged in her newborn son’s drowning death.
Makuya Kambamba is jailed without bond.
The 28-year-old Missouri woman was charged Friday with first-degree murder and several other counts in the baby’s death.
No attorney is listed for her in online court records.
KTVO-TV reports that investigators said in court documents that Kambamba knowingly allowed her son to drown in a toilet after giving birth at the restroom at a Smithfield Foods plant where she works.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Police: 8 dead in shooting at FedEx facility in Indianapolis
- Additional doses of COVID-19 vaccine may be needed to protect against variants, Tampa doctor says
- FEMA’s funeral program overwhelmed by 1 million calls on first day
- Father of toddler beaten to death in Lakeland says he tried to warn DCF, get custody of child
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Waiting on a stretch of soggy days