HOUSTON (AP) — An early morning explosion heavily damaged a bar near downtown Houston, but there are no immediate reports of injuries.
The explosion was reported shortly before 5 a.m. Friday at Bar 5015 in the Houston Museum District.
Houston TV station KHOU reports that the bar had closed at 11 p.m. the night before and that authorities believe the building was unoccupied when the blast happened.
Damage was reported to nearby buildings, including a soul food restaurant. A food truck was also destroyed.
Authorities are investigating the cause of the explosion.
- Tommy DeVito, founding member of the Four Seasons dies
- Mnuchin and Powell on pandemic progress: US economy is improving, but still fragile
- Police K-9 finds missing child who was lost in the woods, crying
- Vanessa Bryant sues LA sheriff over helicopter crash photos
- USF Bulls contact tracing through Notre Dame game video after Fighting Irish players test positive for COVID-19