LAS VEGAS (AP) — A Las Vegas mother says she received a $3,000 bill after doctors removed a plastic doll shoe stuck in her 3-year-old daughter’s nose.
KTNV-TV reported Tuesday that Lucy Branson stuck two pink Polly Pocket plastic doll shoes up her nose — one in each nostril.
Her mother Katy Branson says she was able to remove one of the shoes but even urgent care couldn’t reach the second shoe.
Branson says she then took her daughter to Dignity Health St. Rose Dominican Siena Campus in Henderson, Nevada, where physicians used a tweezer-like tool to successfully remove the shoe in seconds.
The Branson family says they initially received a bill for $3,000 but the charge was reduced to $1,700 because of a high deductible medical policy.
- City of Tampa lights up pink in honor of breast cancer awareness month
- ‘It would create a constitutional crisis’: Democrats, Republicans clash on when to fill Supreme Court vacancy
- Hernando County woman receives $1,000 lottery prize after being told she’d have to forfeit the money
- Health care, abortion center stage in SCOTUS fight
- Thousands facing evictions in Florida as state lifts protections