Homeowner tries to smoke out snake infestation, burns down own house

National

Montgomery County (MD) Fire & Rescue Service

TAMPA (WFLA) – A homeowner in Maryland tried to fight a snake infestation with coal, only to burn their own house down.

The homeowner in Poolesville, a town about 25 miles outside of Washington D.C., was attempting to use smoke to purge the snakes from the house, according to Montgomery County Fire Department officials.

In the process, the homeowner caught the house on fire, causing about $1 million in damage, according to fire officials.

Thankfully no humans were injured, however, the status of the snakes remains unknown.

Copyright 2022 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

get the app

News App

Weather App

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss