(CNN) – The Home Depot is changing its rope sales practices after nooses were found hanging in one of its North Carolina stores.
Home Depot released a statement saying it is appalled by the incident.
It’s the latest in a series of similar incidents at its stores in recent years.
The company has now decided to sell shorter, pre-cut lengths of rope instead of rope wrapped on large spools.
Nooses are widely regarded as a threatening symbol of racism and hatred. It is particularly relevant as businesses and institutions across the country are currently engaged conversations about systemic racism.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- International flyers may soon need to get virus vaccinations
- Biden set to formally introduce his national security team
- Looking for the new Xbox or PlayStation 5? These sites will alert you when they’re back in stock
- NYC’s first African-American mayor, David Dinkins, dies at 93
- 3 Black Friday and Cyber Monday scams to watch out for