(NBC) – Gas prices have gone up nationally over the last two weeks.
Regular grade gasoline rose about two cents per gallon for an average of $2.24 per gallon.
The lowest price so far this year was on April 24 at $1.98, about 59 cents lower than that time last year.
Due to higher oil prices and higher prices of ethanol since June 26, there has been a slight increase in prices.
The demand for gasoline continues to be down due to the coronavirus pandemic.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Typical August weather this week
- Stars, Golden Knights players kneel during American and Canadian national anthems
- Woman says 4-foot snake ‘slithered up’ from toilet in Colorado apartment
- Driver suffers life-threatening injures in crash with HART bus, police say
- More than half of American adults have experienced a loss of income because of COVID-19