(NBC) – Gas prices have gone up nationally over the last two weeks.
Regular grade gasoline rose about two cents per gallon for an average of $2.24 per gallon.
The lowest price so far this year was on April 24 at $1.98, about 59 cents lower than that time last year.
Due to higher oil prices and higher prices of ethanol since June 26, there has been a slight increase in prices.
The demand for gasoline continues to be down due to the coronavirus pandemic.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Off and on downpours for the next two days
- Sarasota Olympian Emma Weyant returns home after winning silver in swimming 400m IM
- Tampa native Erriyon Knighton advances to men’s 200-meter semifinals
- ‘It’s out of control’: Tampa Bay doctors beg state, county leaders to reopen COVID testing sites
- Pinellas County Schools set COVID-19 protocols for the upcoming school year