ST. CLAIR COUNTY, Ill. (WFLA) — A freight train derailed in Dupo, Illinois Tuesday causing train cars to engulf in flames and nearby homes to evacuate.
Calls on the derailment came in to the St. Clair Emergency Management around 12:30 p.m., KSDK reported.
The train is a Union Pacific train, but officials don’t yet know what the train was carrying.
There have been no reported injuries, but a several dozen homes in the nearby area were evacuated.
- ‘Boycott the 4th’ protest planned for Tampa Bay area
- 31 MLB players, 7 staff test positive for COVID-19
- FDOH: Case of rare brain-eating amoeba found in Hillsborough County
- Tampa Bay Rays resume spring training
- Police investigating serious 3-car crash in Pinellas Park