AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — U.S. Army officials say the body of a Fort Hood solider was found near the Texas army base, marking the third time in a month that a Fort Hood soldier’s body has been discovered.
Fort Hood officials said Tuesday that 26-year-old Pvt. Mejhor Morta was found unresponsive July 17 in the vicinity of Stillhouse Hollow Lake, a reservoir located in Bell County and managed by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers’ Fort Worth District.
Bell County Sheriff’s Department is investigating the incident and didn’t immediately respond to a request from the Associated Press seeking comment.
Officials have not said whether the death is considered suspicious.
- Wisconsin high court declines to hear Trump election lawsuit
- ‘Hero’ police K9 recovering after being shot by suspect in Phoenix
- Warner Bros. to release all 2021 films on HBO Max, theaters
- Facebook to remove COVID-19 vaccine-related misinformation
- ‘Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer’: When it airs and where to watch