PUNXSUTAWNEY, Pa. (WTAJ) — The Punxsutawney Fire Department surprised two kids with cancer with a visit by a pink fire truck yesterday.
Lindsey, 7, and Braden, 11, were the two kids surprised by the visit.
The truck drove 300 miles from Easton, PA to Punxsutawney for the event on Saturday. It belongs to a nonprofit group called Pink Heals.
Eight local fire companies escorted the pink truck from Big Run to Lindsey Fire Hall in Punxsutawney.
Those fighting cancer and those remembering loved ones got to sign the truck. The fire department plans to make this an annual event.
- Group of dads tackle man accused of peeping on teen in Cracker Barrel restroom
- Caught on video: Man breaks into Town ‘n’ Country church, sets it on fire
- Learning pods can make educational inequities worse. Here’s a better way to create one
- Catching up with hockey-loving pigs, Thunder and Bolt
- ‘Unfathomable’: US death toll from coronavirus hits 200,000