WASHINGTON (AP) – The St. Louis couple who waved firearms at Black Lives Matter protesters outside their home in June will appear virtually at next week’s Republican National Convention to express their support for President Donald Trump.
A Trump adviser on Monday confirmed the participation of Patricia and Mark McCloskey. The news was first reported by The Washington Post.
The McCloskeys, who are white, have claimed they were protecting themselves from protesters marching on their private street, but they were each charged by a local prosecutor with one felony count of unlawful use of a weapon.
Trump has been critical of their treatment and has spoken out in defense of the couple.
MORE TOP STORIES
- Family mourn 14-year-old boy with Asperger’s beaten to death by brother
- US Marshals recover 45 missing children in anti-human trafficking operation
- Halloween goes on at the White House with a few twists
- Rays fans shake off loss to Dodgers, get ready for Game 6
- Early vote total exceeds 2016; GOP chips at Dems’ advantage