TAMPA (WFLA) – Dunkin’ is closing hundreds of its store locations by the end of 2020.
In total 450 store locations all within Speedway gas stations will be closing.
The announcement follows the termination of the coffee chain’s original partnership with Hess, which was acquired by Speedway in 2014.
According to a Dunkin’ statement provided NBC news, the chain will now focus the company’s efforts on its larger individual cafes.
The closures, mostly along the east coast, comes amid a big brand overhaul that kicked off in January 2019 when Dunkin’ dropped the “Donuts” from its title.
MORE TOP STORIES
- International flyers may soon need to get virus vaccinations
- Biden set to formally introduce his national security team
- Looking for the new Xbox or PlayStation 5? These sites will alert you when they’re back in stock
- NYC’s first African-American mayor, David Dinkins, dies at 93
- 3 Black Friday and Cyber Monday scams to watch out for