Texas land commissioner Geroge P. Bush responded to social media rumors that protesters would be pursuing the historic Alamo with a “simple” message: “Don’t mess with The Alamo.”
Bush, the eldest son of former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, said his office is “closely watching the social media posts and rumors from protestors who are threatening to come to The Alamo.”
Bush said they will deploy Alamo rangers, San Antonio police officers, the Dept. of Public Safety, and the National Guard to protect the “sacred” site.
- Masks will be required in Hillsborough schools when classes resume, superintendent says
- Stimulus check update: Report says White House eyeing $1 trillion package
- Marine Corps says shooting reported at California base
- President Trump to visit Florida this week
- DeSantis: ‘Contact tracing is not going to be enough’