Texas land commissioner Geroge P. Bush responded to social media rumors that protesters would be pursuing the historic Alamo with a “simple” message: “Don’t mess with The Alamo.”
Bush, the eldest son of former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, said his office is “closely watching the social media posts and rumors from protestors who are threatening to come to The Alamo.”
Bush said they will deploy Alamo rangers, San Antonio police officers, the Dept. of Public Safety, and the National Guard to protect the “sacred” site.
- Mother charged with fatally stabbing 5-year-old girl
- SpaceX readies next Starlink launch Monday
- Brain-eating amoeba found in Texas city’s water supply after 6-year-old dies
- Biden urges pause on Trump court pick until after election
- Military suicides up as much as 20% in COVID era