Texas land commissioner Geroge P. Bush responded to social media rumors that protesters would be pursuing the historic Alamo with a “simple” message: “Don’t mess with The Alamo.”
Bush, the eldest son of former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, said his office is “closely watching the social media posts and rumors from protestors who are threatening to come to The Alamo.”
Bush said they will deploy Alamo rangers, San Antonio police officers, the Dept. of Public Safety, and the National Guard to protect the “sacred” site.
- Josh Duggar trial: Duggar confessed in 2003 to molesting children, says family friend
- ‘He made me proud’: St. Pete mother remembers son killed in Pensacola naval base shooting
- Endangered whale gives birth while entangled in fishing rope
- Trump came in contact with 500 people between first positive test and hospitalization: report
- Unvaccinated patients would pay their own hospital bills under new proposal