(CNN) — Delta Air Lines is giving its employees two months extra pay as a bonus for the company’s strong performance in 2019.
The sweet bonus is part of the company’s profit-sharing program.
Delta announced the bonuses total out to more than $1.6 billion. Every eligible employee will get a check next month for nearly 17% of their annual salary.
Delta employs more than 90,000 people.
The payout is a record amount for Delta and the sixth straight year it has paid out more than a billion dollars to workers.
- Eaglets expected to hatch any moment on Florida’s favorite eagle cam
- National Vietnam War Veterans Day: How you can participate in virtual events to honor those who served.
- Coronavirus in Florida: Over 4,000 cases in state, no overnight deaths
- Dr. Fauci warns U.S. could see over 100,000 deaths
- Age is not the only risk for severe coronavirus disease