(CNN) — Delta Air Lines is giving its employees two months extra pay as a bonus for the company’s strong performance in 2019.
The sweet bonus is part of the company’s profit-sharing program.
Delta announced the bonuses total out to more than $1.6 billion. Every eligible employee will get a check next month for nearly 17% of their annual salary.
Delta employs more than 90,000 people.
The payout is a record amount for Delta and the sixth straight year it has paid out more than a billion dollars to workers.
- 15% of Americans worse off a year into pandemic, poll finds
- Pentagon researchers develop under-the-skin sensor that detects COVID infection
- Unusual treatment shows promise for kids with brain tumors
- Sheriff Grady Judd to provide details on fatal officer-involved shooting in Winter Haven
- 5,200 tons of cosmic dust fall to Earth each year