(CNN) — Delta Air Lines is giving its employees two months extra pay as a bonus for the company’s strong performance in 2019.
The sweet bonus is part of the company’s profit-sharing program.
Delta announced the bonuses total out to more than $1.6 billion. Every eligible employee will get a check next month for nearly 17% of their annual salary.
Delta employs more than 90,000 people.
The payout is a record amount for Delta and the sixth straight year it has paid out more than a billion dollars to workers.
- Arkansas homeowner receives letter telling him to take his Black Santa down and move
- Turkey causes St. Pete house fire, how to keep yourself and your loved ones safe this Thanksgiving
- Economic strain, social distancing create uncertain outlook for holiday shopping season in Tampa Bay
- Wreaths Across America back on after threat of cancelation
- Pandemic or not, Polk organization delivers 1,800 Thanksgiving meals to the elderly