PLATTSMOUTH, Neb. (AP) — An eastern Nebraska couple has been sentenced to five years of probation for the death of one of their malnourished infant twin daughters.
Cass County District Court records show 24-year-old David Krutina Jr. and 21-year-old Kassandra Krutina also were sentenced Monday to perform 80 hours of community service. They live in Louisville (LOO’-iss-vihl).
They pleaded guilty in August to two counts of negligent child abuse causing serious injury. Prosecutors reduced the charges in return for the Krutinas’ guilty pleas.
The charges stem from the death of their 6-month-old daughter, Samantha. The Krutinas took her and her twin sister, Charlotte, to a hospital on Sept. 1, 2018. Both were underweight, and Samantha died.
An autopsy showed Samantha died of a bacterial infection caused by malnourishment.
- Alessi Bakery celebrates 108 years of serving treats in Tampa Bay
- NFL legend Joe Montana stops home intruder who tried to kidnap his grandchild
- Clearwater police searching for missing, possibly endangered teen
- Woman stabs boyfriend on I-4 then runs in front of truck and dies, deputies say
- Florida coronavirus: Positivity rate remains steady as state surpasses 700,000 total cases