NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) – GRAMMY®-winning country music legend Joe Diffie passed away today, Sunday, March 29, from complications of coronavirus (COVID-19). His family respects their privacy at this time.
On Friday, Diffie revealed he had been diagnosed with COVID-19.
Diffie, a Tulsa native, had more than 20 Top 10 hits to his name and released 13 albums. He also wrote songs for Tim McGraw, Conway Twitty, and Jo Dee Messina. Diffie was 61 years old.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- HIV/AIDS vaccine: Why don’t we have one after 37 years, when we have several for COVID-19 after a few months?
- Hillsborough school board to discuss next year’s mask policy at Tuesday meeting
- Actor Ricky Schroder apologizes after confronting Costco employee over mask policy
- Kansas man says 2nd Pfizer shot left him with rare, temporary paralysis
- Florida employers can require COVID-19 vaccine but can’t ask for proof