(CNN) – The coronavirus pandemic is causing a lot of turmoil in the retail industry and the latest victim is Costco’s famous sheet cakes.
The Big Box Membership Club has eliminated teh iconic half-sheet cakes that have been the centerpiece of many graduation and birthday parties.
Over the past month, Costco quietly stopped selling the $20 half-sheet cakes in its US stores and started pointing customers toward its 10-inch round cakes. A half-sheet cake feeds around 50 people, while the 10-inch round cakes feed around a dozen.
The decision also coincides with a recommendation from health experts to avoid large gatherings in light of COVID-19.
- Trump extends Secret Service protection to 14 family members, reports say
- Forced to wait in Mexico, asylum-seekers make video pleading with President Biden
- Vice President Harris has tremendous support from sorority
- Democrats gain Senate control as VP Harris swears in new members
- Emotions ran high as Polk State College students soaked in President Biden’s inauguration